Thursday, May 13, 2021

Faire the well, but with hearts full of HOPE



Click for Bigger




Right now I sit in the camp at Amethyst Rift with Strifeclaw and some of the members of the SEE as we spend the last few open hours of the faire telling stories and chatting.

I am so proud to be a part of this group within the Fantasy Faire itself. Which I am also proud to be a part of, every year I consider it a huge honor that I am chosen to be a part of the Official blogging team.

And every year a seek out the Children of stories as they are an amazing group of roleplayers that help so many with the stories they told. And this years was no different. You can read all about the rp that the children of stories did this year here.

The Children of Stories raised 2,264,550 lindens for Relay for life. Which was just mind blowing. And the story we told helped many in a range of ways.






Overall the faire raised over 23,600 000 lindens. which is close to 100,000 USD. Its been, an amazing year of record amounts being raised. So much money to help those with Cancer. So much hope brought to others.

I may go for one last walk through the fairelands this year. Taken in their beauty before they fade into the mists and say goodbye to them. I know the fairelands will return next year. New ones full of life and stories. With Junction to tie us all together. But it is always sad to see the old ones fade. Its why I take so many photos. And why I enjoy getting bits and pieces of them to take home. To help remember them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment