Wednesday, January 2, 2013

52 Crayola Crayons week one - Almond

Lets get this started fully!!



Week One
  Almond
#EFDECD
239, 222, 205


Outfit *BOOM* Hye Tube Dress SLURL
Hair:EMO-tions:. * ANGELSLURL
Pose[LAP] Gown with the WindSLURL
SimThe TowerSLURL

Next Week's Crayon!!
  Rose Dust

#9e5e6f
239, 222, 205



I wish I could figure out how to get blogger to NOT add those white borders around photos! Argh!

The Color Almond is found only in the big 120 box of crayons. It was introduced in 1998 and can still be bought today. It is of course named for the Nut, which is my favorite nut..mm..almonds! Which is why I chose this one! And it's first as the list of crayons I found was alphabetical and I didn't see a reason to change this one from the starting color. PLUS, its a pale neutral which are always a challenge for me.

The outfit I found is a lovely mesh sheath dress by Boom. A brand that is new to me, but I liked the lace detail on the front quite a lot.

The sim I chose to explore in this color is a LEA art sim by Rebeca Bashly Called The Tower. I believe it will be taken down soon, if it has not already been. So go quickly to check it out! I found it very thought provoking and moving.


Click to see bigger



Click to see bigger


All of my photos of the Tower can be found here.

Looking forwards to seeing if anyone is doing this challenge with me!! I'd still do it no matter what, Luna's challenge gave me a reason to blog every week and I want to keep that up.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see someone pick up the reigns to this challenge! :D Been wanting to join the other one but wasn't part of SL just a lurking. XD

    http://virtualdollie.blogspot.com/2013/01/17-crayola-crayons-week-one-almond.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Softpaw! Love the crayon colour concept :) Here's my effort - http://silksgirl.blogspot.com/2013/01/crayola-crayons-color-challenge-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete