Thursday, July 23, 2015

A weekend of Hope




“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

~~~ Emily Dickinson


Relay weekend has come and gone, seems like both it happened in a flash and also took forever. So much money raised and even more Hope. Hope that in the Future we wont HAVE to Relay as a cure has been found for Cancer.

And so now that it is over the sims are coming down in a few hours. I managed to get to all but three of the campsites after relay before they where removed by their teams. Some fantastic builds this year. I've got all my photos at the following links

http://www.softpaw.org/LJimages/SL/RFLSL2015pre photos taken before Relay weekend. I got one shot at least of each of the camps

http://www.softpaw.org/LJimages/SL/RFLSL2015 photos taken during Relay, lots of shenanigans with other people and shots of some of the fun avatars that run the track. What other Relay can you run the track with Dinosaurs, rabbits, unicorns, dragons, Timelords, werewoves and other assorted people?

http://www.softpaw.org/LJimages/SL/RFLSL2015post Photos taken after Relay. I went into more of the camps and explored their builds. plus some post Relay fun like the sim flood party.

http://www.softpaw.org/LJimages/SL/RFLSL2015Steelhead And these are just the shots I took of and at the Steelhead Campsite, they are all one of the above links but I pulled them out special because Steelhead is special.


I've put a few select favorite ones on my flikr page *link*, and will be slowly adding them to groups over the next few weeks. Some of my groups have limits.

And below are my three favorites . But I do recommend looking at the above links to realize just how AMAZING Relay for Life of Secondlife really IS.




This Dragon crossed two sims and was simply amazing




Fantasy Faire's camp. There are items here from at LEAST the last four Fantasy Faires



I loved this build, It was right next to Steelhead. You donated and then clicked a sign, sadly it only worked once, and a candle on the lake lit up. All weekend the egg was un-cracked and the goal was the light up all the candles to crack it. That didn't quite happen but they cracked it anyway. And this is what was inside.

I gave the totals for the year already, though it may raise a wee bit by the time the Relay wrap up party happens in August. Not sure why it takes a month for that to happen but hey, more money!

Now, to get back to "normal" Second Life things.

No comments:

Post a Comment