Wednesday, August 31, 2011

52 weeks of color - Week 42

AANNNDDDDD I'm back! Ended up being way longer at my folks then originally planned

Week Forty-Two:

Chartreuse


Click for bigger

Outfit - ::: B@R ::: Flower Doll - green SLURL
Hair - /Wasabi Pills/ Pompon Hair - SLURL
Pose - *~*HopScotch*~* The Elementalist SLURL
Sim - Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology SLURL


I had thought I'd have a super hard time with this color, but as it turns out, I didn't. Found a dress rather easily. Then the destination guide once again gave me a fun sim to explore for it!

The Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology is defiantly not a place for those afraid of color or glow. Because its full of both.

According to the guide the textures in the sim are supposedly derived from actual nanoparticles. Which you can believe when you see how organic and wild they are. The place is also nearly all glow or full bright, with a lot of animated textures and particles as well. I had to play with sky settings to find one that both allowed me to see through all the glow, but didn't change the look of the place to much. I can't remember what I ended choosing other then it was one of Torely's midnight settings.



Click to see bigger


The build is very organic in feel, full of rolling hills and alien like trees. The spaceship like building to one side and the lap in the middle adds to the alien feel. While I would have liked a bit more interactive places it was a fun explore. There are several big tubes you can climb up into that curve over the sim. But the real highlights are the trees, Which come in just about every color you can think of


Now there are a few hard to find pose items about. Most come up as a surprise and some don't even look like a regular pose ball. So if it looks sitable, sit on it!



Click to see bigger


In the middle of the sim is a "research building" I guess for researching Nanotech? There wasn't much of an explanation. On one side is a lecture hall, with the seats doubling as lights unless in use. On the other side is a lab full of equipment that I wish was interactive. That would have made it a lot more fun! But alas, none of the microscopes I clicked on did anything.



Click to see bigger


The sim also has a few ponds about, one has some inner tubes others have weird moving floating ball things. All are surrounded by the exotic plant life. The centerpiece of all the trees is a huge black one. It was quite impressive.

I think it would be most interesting to have this sim developed with more back-story to it. Maybe some creator could come up with native fauna to go with the flora! As a curiosity explore the sim is fun, but it has such potential for role-play use for those that like a bit of science fiction in their RP and don't want to just go with Star Wars. Which SL has lots of.



Click to see bigger


I would recommend a visit to this sim taken with an eye for turning it into an adventure. It could be such fun in a group exploring it in space suits or something akin to that.

Just be aware before going in of the glow and animation!

You can see all my photos of the institute at http://softpaw.org/LJimages/SL/nano/

Now to go dig through my inventory and hope I can find something that works for the next color, LIVER. REALLY LIVER LUNA?!?!?! It's a gross nasty food and the color is a dark grey brown that I so would never wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment