Monday, April 8, 2013

Social Media Meme

And now we have the next Strawberry Singh's blogger _____ Memes



click for bigger


Outfit La Fleur: Amelie Dress with&without butterfly : Pink Circle Marketplace
Hair>TRUTH< Bunny SLURL
Pose*~*HopScotch*~* The Madman's Big Blue Box SLURL
SkyboxCity block version 2- 126 prim [Loaded]Marketplace



All about Social Media this time!


Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your blog post. Delete my answers and fill in your own. These memes are all SL related, so please only share the networks that you use with your SL avatar. It’s ok if you talk and share RL stuff on there (we all do that sometimes). Also, don’t forget to link your post in the comments so I can come read!


This one is going to take me some time to track down all the links.


What was the first social network you joined using your SL Avatar?

Livejournal. April of 2008

I have a LJ for my normal self, but I made the SL one to not annoy people with babbling about Secondlife that really didn't care.

Which social networks are you currently on using your SL Avatar?

These are the ones I am active-ish on

Flickr

Livejournal
Blogger
Wordpress

The blogger, wordpress and the LJ are essentially the same thing, I cross post the same posts to them all. I started using the blogger and word press when I learned how to get onto the Feeds. I felt more people would be likely to comment on one of them then my LJ. However there are older posts on the LJ that are not on the other two. I now keep up the LJ and wordpress ones out of habit, but I use the Blogger link as my main address. I liked its interface and usability better then Wordpress.

The following list is the ones that I HAVE but never caught onto using them regularly. I can't say why I didn't, just, didn't click, or more likely, the lazy cat didn't want to try to keep up with yet ANOTHER sight where she got very little feedback at the start. It's a semi problem I have with social media for real life as well. I really should one day get to using them more, I went to all the trouble of setting them up after all! But its SO many pages to remember to muck with!

Add me if you want, maybe if I had more people to talk to on these things I'd use them!

Plurk
Facebook Page
Snapzilla
sluniverse
Koinup
Second Life Profile
2ndhub
Bloghud

There is likely more, because I get all OOH SHINY when I see a new network, sign up, Make it semi pretty, then ignore it.

Which network is your favorite?

I guess I'd have to say Blogger.

Which network is your least favorite?

None really. Not active enough on any of the others

Which network do you have the most amount of connections?

I have no idea. I don't know how to see if anyone is following the blog via rss,or just bookmarks it, or waits till they see my post in a feed.

How/Where do you usually read/use most of your networks?

I set up a couple of the feeds I am on to rss feed onto my none SL Live journal's friends page. It's all I check. It's super easy, I'm always on it and doesn't auto feed on me! Problem is, sometimes the rss feed and LJ's syndication software argue with each other and I see nothing for weeks. This may not be the best way, but I am woefully ignorant of rss programs or however most people do rss feeds. Open to better ideas!

What are your favorite social networking apps? (if applicable)

My phone is stupid, I have no apps. I do it all on the desktop!

What do you like most about social networking sites?

Getting to meet people. Which makes my not really using them SILLY, but ugh, LAZY. And it sucks to leave comments and never get responses or comments back.

What do you like least about social networking sites?

How hard it is to get started on one and stay on it. For me this is the biggest reason I never clicked with any of the ones apart from the blogs. Plus its just SO MANY things to follow and keep up with. I want to be a better part of the community, its just getting that foot in when you feel like your not sure if you should be there or not.

Some days I just feel like the class weirdo trying to get picked first in a game of kickball..

But I do know I could do better with comments and Using the none blog pages. It's just a catch 22, to get me into using them, I need feedback and comments, to get feed back and comments, I need to USE them.


Do you feel social networks are a good way to promote you/your brand/your work?

If you can get your foot in the door.

What is your main reason for using Social Networks?

I like to learn of new places to explore, and find pretty new things to get, be it a pose, hair or outfit. And I like to think that my own blogging does the same for others.

1 comment: