Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why I Blog

Got a week behind on Strawberry's memes so I'll be posting last weeks and this weeks today.


click for bigger





Outfit Vita's Boudoir Jelly Dress PinkSLURL
Hair>TRUTH< Enisa SLURL
Posec( Two Cats ) Miqo'te Poses SLURL
SimRavenshard - A fantasy Faire SimSLURL


Ok, so this posts photo, and the next one, aren't in skyboxes. Fantasy Faire is open longer then planed and I am taking advantage! The outfit is NOT from Fantasy faire, but hey, it makes me look like a truffula tree so, I went with it.

This week is all about why you blog, from Berry

This week’s meme is a bit of a long one and I’ll admit I didn’t really change any of the questions around from the RL blog I stole this from. I usually totally revamp all the questions so they are more sl related but I figured since this one was more about blogging, I could just leave them as is. I did add one extra question to the list because I felt weird having 13 questions (yes I’m totally superstitious) and also because 14 is my favorite number! :D So yeah, don’t kill me for having 14 questions today.

Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Try not to swear at Berry in your head for having so many questions this week and don’t forget to leave a comment in this meme’s post so others can come by and read your answers as well!



And so here we go!



1. How long have you been blogging?

Since I started Second Life in 2008


2. Why did you start blogging?

Because I was super excited about this new world and wanted to share my excitement about the things I found. I started doing so in my none SL Live journal, then switched to using a different LJ account to not annoy the folks that just didn't care about it. Then I learned about feeds and started cross posting to a blogger account as they fed better then Livejournal does.


3. How many times a week do you post an entry?

It used to be not often at all, maybe once or twice a month. Weekly if I was on a roll. Then I got into doing the color challenges so it became at LEAST once a week. I tried to have a none color post as well each week, but that didn't always happen. These days, with all the memes I am doing its a minimum of three times a week. More if I can manage to go and explore a sim NOT for a post.

In May it will likely just be the memes as my weekends are filled with preforming at the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival. And I pretty much DIE on Mondays when I get home. Side note, Come visit me there! I'm SO easy to find, in the fairy glen!

So weekly blogger challenges have really helped me blog more which is why I started my own when Luna's ended.

4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?

I try to watch the feeds so I have no idea. Going to individual blogs is a hassle to me so I like having them all in one space. I do have a few that I singled out and watch their feeds apart from the mass feeds to not miss posts from them.


5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?

I try to, when I see something I want to comment on. But I have ALWAYS been a horrible commenter and seldom do it.

6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?

Blogger doesn't give that great of stats on it, sure I have some but not as in depth as I would like. I do like seeing how people find my posts, which tends to mostly be the feeds like Iheartsl. And sometimes the way people find me BAFFLES me, like what the heck are www.filmhill.com and http://www.vampirestat.com exactly and how to people use to find me?

7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?

Some that I am a bit nervous about, but none that i have regretted. And so far all the nervousness is me being a worry wort.


8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?

I like to think so.


9. Do you blog under your real name?

*laughs* No, I do not, but my real name is easy to find out. Or just ask I'll tell you.


10. Are there topics that you would never blog about?

Sex and violence. I try to keep a PG blog, and that includes what I wear. I can not TELL you how self conscious I felt when I was taking shots of that outfit by the Plastik last week. That was very extreme for me.


11. What is the theme/topic of your blog?

I'm a big ol mix of stuff, Fashion, Exploration, Events. A hodgepodge.


12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?

I have a personal blog to talk about none Sl stuff. It's a Livejournal and you have to HAVE a livejournal to read it.


13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?

Sharing things, meeting friends.


14. So, why do you continue to blog?

I enjoy it, and it lets me share the AMAZING world that is Secondlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment